Since the very first day, the PlanetCare team has been driven by our commitment to providing efficient, practical, and affordable solutions that will allow every household to stop sending microfibres into the environment.
It is not enough that we believe our filters are efficient. We have had them tested for their fibre retention ability by internal procedures as well as by independent third parties. In all cases, rigorous scientific procedures were used.
An important part of this strategy was to employ independent, scientific, state-of-the-art testing all along the way. Results from these tests (and many, many internal tests including constant use in our own homes) have helped us to develop a market leading product that is now offered to our customers and comes with an efficiency guarantee.
Key external tests (click to download reports):
- National Institute of Chemistry, Ljubljana, Slovenia (gen1, 2017)
- Test by a major machine producer (unnamed) (gen1, 2018)
- National Research Council, Institute for Polymers, Composites and Biomaterials, Pozzuoli, Italy (gen2, 2018)
- Swedish Environmental Protection Agency (gen3, 2018)
- Rise Research Institutes of Sweden (gen3.1, 2020)
Endless testing is performed in our lab and our homes. Unlike external efficiency tests, we combine efficiency with durability tests and go even beyond 30 consecutive washing cycles. Apart from following fibre retention our testing station simultaneously measures water flow, machine functions, and pressure drops in real time.
Our filters will continue to be tested and improved so that we can provide the best and most efficient solution to all who wish to reduce plastic pollution on our planet.